Fibre optic cables transmit data through their core which carries light. Much faster than traditional copper cables, fibre cables also have less signal degradation. If your business is dependent on efficiently handling large volumes of data, has large digital backups or uses a lot of multimedia content then upgrading your core network to fibre optic technology can significantly improve speed and efficiency. Fibre optic also requires considerably less maintenance and additional equipment than traditional copper lines.
The benefits of fibre optic
- Fibre travels further. Fibre optic cables can carry data much further than copper cables. Although it is cable dependant, it is possible to send data up to 40km via fibre optic cable without losing any quality
- Obtain a greater bandwidth. Single-mode fibre delivers up to twice the throughput of multi-mode fibre.
- Increased durability. Fibre optic cables are thinner and lighter in weight. They are also able to withstand more pull pressure and are less prone to breakages.
- Fibre is more cost-effective. Although there is a larger initial outlay, the reliable and durable nature of fibre makes it more cost-effective in the long run. Less maintenance and hardware is required than with traditional copper lines.
- Fibre is more reliable. Copper cables are often affected by external forces such as changes in the weather and temperature. Fibre cables are immune to temperate changes and moisture making them more durable. Fibre also carries no electric current meaning they do not present a fire hazard.
Fibre Optic installation has been part of our core offering for many years. We take the time to understand your project and it’s logistics and we never cut corners. We keep up to date with industry trends and you can be confident our engineers will also be ahead of the curve.